References on the Web
- “Accotink Creek Watershed Management Plan (Final)” dated January 2011 (Turkey Run is in the Mainstem 3 area. See projects AC9211, AC9212, and AC9213.)
- “A Function-Based Framework for Stream Assessment & Restoration Projects” dated May 2012 (This is a lengthy technical document with good background for stream restoration. The Table of Contents is helpful at finding specific topics of interest.)
- Reston Association website with background information on stream restoration. Various links on that page lead to related information.
Truro Trails Articles
There have been brief mentions of this proposed project in June, July, August, and September 2012 Truro Trails and the following articles published in:
- October 2010—”Accotink Watershed Management: Draft Plan Unveiled”
- November 2010—”Truro Comments to Fairfax County on Stream Restoration Projects”
- October 2012—”Turkey Run Restoration Project”
- November 2012—”Turkey Run Restoration—Status and Process”
- November 2012—”Turkey Run Restoration—What You Need to Know”
- THA Board letter to Fairfax County dated October 21, 2010 commenting on the projects in Truro that were identified in the Draft Watershed Management Plan.
- Rees Broome, PC letter dated October 8, 2012. This letter from the THA attorney to Fairfax County provides a legal opinion about what is needed before the County can perform this project on THA-owned land.